HALO H995ICAT 4" LED New Construction IC AIR-TITE Housing
The Halo H995ICAT is a dedicated LED new construction small aperture IC AIR-TITE housing for use with Halo RL4 Series LED modules. It is designed for use in insulated ceilings where it will be in direct contact with insulation. It is an AIR-TITE housing designed to prevent air flow between occupied spaces and unconditioned areas. The LED connection is non-screw base to preserve the high efficacy rating of the luminaire as used with the RL4 LED module.
• Double wall aluminum
construction helps dissipate heat.
The inner housing can be adjusted
in the plaster frame to compensate
for different ceiling materials.
• Designed for insulated ceilings
in direct contact with insulation.
(May also be installed in
• Galvanized steel die-formed
• The inner housing can be removed
from plaster frame to provide
access to the junction box.
• Plaster frame features include:
- Patented regressed locking
screw positioned for securing
hanger bars from below the
- Cutouts for easily crimping hanger
bars in position.
- AIR-TITE aperture gasket is
- HALO identity embossed on
Slide-N-Side™ Junction Box
• Positioned to accommodate
straight conduit runs
• Seven 1/2” trade size conduit
knockouts with true pry-out slots
• Slide-N-Side wire traps allow
non-metallic sheathed cable to be
installed without tools and without
• Accepts a wide range of nonmetallic
(type NM) sheathed
cables - the standard cable types
used in lighting in both U.S. and
- Allows wiring connections to be
made outside the junction box
- Simply insert the cable directly into
the trap after connections are
- Accommodates the following
standard non-metallic sheathed
(US) #14/2, #14/3, #12/2, #12/3
(Canada) #14/2, #14/3, #12/2
“Quick Connect” Connectors
Three quick connect wiring
GOT NAIL! Pass -N-Thru™
• Pre-installed nail easily installs
in regular lumber, engineered
lumber and laminated beams.
• Safety and guidance system
prevents snagging, ensures
smooth straight nail penetration
and allows bar hangers to be easily
removed if necessary.
• Automatic levelling flange aligns
the housing and lets you hold the
housing in place with one hand
while driving nails.
• Housing can be positioned at any
point within 24” joist span.
• Pass-N-Thru™ feature allows bar
hangers to be shortened without
removing from plaster frame.
• Score lines allow “tool-less”
shortening for 12” joists.
• Integral T-bar clip snaps onto
T-bars - no additional clips
LED Module Connection
Halo LED RL4 Series modules simply
install with a plug-in 120V line voltage
wiring connector (UL and CSA
Listed Luminaire Disconnect). This
non-screw-base LED connection
preserves the high efficacy rating of
the luminaire (see also LED Module
Cooper Lighting provides a three
year limited warranty on Halo LED
Luminaires which includes the LED
Recessed Housing, LED Light Engine,
and LED trims.
• UL/cUL Listed 1598 Luminaire
• UL/cUL Listed for Damp Location
• UL/cUL Listed for Wet Location,
with select trims
• UL/cUL listed for Feed Through
• UL/cUL listed for Direct Contact
with insulation and combustible
• Use with designated LED light
engines and trims for ENERGY
• Can be used for State of California
Title 24 high efficacy compliance
with designated LED light engines
• Can be used for International
Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
high efficacy compliance with
designated LED light engines
• Refer to H4 LED Light Engine and
Trim specification sheets online
for compliance information.
IC and AIR-TITE™
Certified under ASTM-E283 and
listed UL/cUL 1598. May be used to
meet insulated ceiling and restricted
air-flow requirements such as:
• Washington State Energy Code
• International Energy Conservation
• New York State Energy
Conservation Construction Code
• State of California Title 24
“Recessed Luminaires in Insulated